Frequently Asked Questions

What is included in a study set?

A study set is a complete construction document set, though it is watermarked “Not For Construction.” It contains everything that is needed to build the home. It is used for gathering estimates from contractors or builders prior to purchasing a full construction document set.

What is included in a set of construction documents?

A full construction document set includes foundation plans, floor framing, floor plans, roof plan, elevations, building sections, wall details, and an electrical plan. Mechanical and plumbing plans are not included in a CD set. They are usually provided by a Mechanical Engineer hired by the contractor.

Is there an AutoCAD file available for every design?

Many of our plans have AutoCAD files available for purchase, but there are some exceptions. Please contact us with any questions regarding AutoCAD files for more information.

Can plans be modified or mirrored?

Yes, modifications can be done for an additional cost. We review a list of modifications as per the client’s request and provide a modification cost estimate. Modifications are billed at an hourly rate of $200. Mirrored versions of house plans are available for an additional $650.

How can plans be purchased?

To purchase a full licensing set or study set, simply call our office between the hours of 8:00 AM — 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM — 5:00 PM eastern time. All we need is your billing information such as credit card and billing address to process your order. Turn around time is usually same day to receive your order in PDF format.

See our pricing page for more information.

Are there house models available to tour?

No, all of our homes are private residences. If you are in the area of Habersham or plan on visiting, we can provide you with a list of Moser Design Group homes that you may view from the outside at your leisure. We do not offer any interior tours of any homes.

What are the requirements for building permits?

Requirements regarding building permits vary depending on the location in which you intend to build. A local licensed architect or engineer would be required to provide the necessary documents and drawings for obtaining a permit. It is recommended to call your local building code official to see what the requirements are in your area.

Are there photographic references available for each design in the catalog?

Most plans do have exterior and interior photographs available to be e-mailed upon request. There are a few plans that do not have any photographic references.

Can modifications to plans be done by another architect?

Upon purchasing a full licensing set, you may seek out a locally licensed professional for modifications as stated in our licensing agreement.

Can a basement be designed for a house plan?

We can only provide a conceptual basement plan, which is a design layout and is not detailed or engineered for building. A locally licensed architect or structural engineer would be required to provide the necessary documents and drawings to obtain a permit for building.

Is there a materials list provided with a full licensing set?

No, there is no materials list provided with the construction document set.